May 20, 2016

SEMANA DE SOPA (SOUP WEEK!) - DAY 13

Day 13: Butternut Bisque with Coconut Swirl + Vegan Rice Paper "Bacon"


Like yesterday's soup, this was a SUPER speedy meal - requiring a quick heat through and blitz before serving. The recipe for this fragrant lime + coconut spiked pumpkin soup comes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Isa Does It. I did find it a little on the sweet side (despite reducing the amount of rice malt - which I was using as a substitute for agave). I will definitely be making this again though, mainly because I loved the lime that really shone through the creamy richness of the coconut and pumpkin, but also because it was ready in just a few minutes (if you have a roasted pumpkin on hand) - which is a huge plus since time is such a limited resource these days! I added some experimental rice paper "bacon" before serving, which lessened the sweetness and added a smokiness that married well with the other aromatic flavours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment