May 11, 2016

SEMANA DE SOPAS (SOUP WEEK!) - DAY 4

DAY 4: Bistro Broccoli Chowder + Gochujang-Spiked Soy Yoghurt


Four days in and I am not only enjoying some delicious soups, but I've also been learning some key soup lingo. Chowder, for anyone like me that wasn't clued up on the distinction, is a soup that is "prepared with [plant-based] milk or cream and thickened with broken [vegan-friendly] crackers, crushed ship biscuits, or a roux." This chowder comes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction (Isa's awesome books have been getting quite the work out this week!). To spice it up a little, because (in my opinion) chilli is one of broccoli's BFFs, I topped this off with a gochujang-spiked yoghurt swirl. I also gave it a descent whack of roughly chopped parsley, which adds some iron to this vitamin C rich dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment