May 7, 2016

SEMANA DE SOPAS (SOUP WEEK!) - DAY 1

Over the past few months I have been making a big effort to plan my meals for a week and shop for just the items I need. In part, a way to justify my cookbook addiction - by working my way through some of the tempting looking (and sounding) recipes, but also to prove that eating healthfully and ethically is not only easy but inexpensive!

With so many cookbooks and recipes to choose from, it gets a little overwhelming deciding what should be on the menu each week. This week I decided to narrow things down a little and start the transition into the cooler weather (as winter creeps closer) with Soup Week!

DAY 1: Cheddary Broccoli Soup


The recipe for this divine soup can be found in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Isa Does It. I topped it with some chopped spring onion and served it with a thick slice of crusty homemade 24-hour bread to create a hearty main meal. If you love luscious creaminess that is also good for you, then this Cheddary Broccoli Soup is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment