This oil-free banana bread is the perfect sweet treat. It is a great use for those spotty bananas and uses simple ingredients that can be found in the barest of pantries. The apple sauce is the stand in for oil in this recipe, but you could also use the same amount of mashed white beans.
What you need:
3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
Bringing it together:
1. Preheat oven 180ºC and line a 25 x 10 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts, and stir well to combine.
4. Fold through the chopped walnuts.
5. Transfer the batter to your prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.